Pupil Premium is additional funding which is allocated to schools on the basis of the number of pupils who have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point over the last six years. Pupil Premium is aimed at addressing the current underlying inequalities which exist between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and their more affluent peers.
At Ormiston Ilkeston Enterprise Academy we are determined to demonstrate that there are no barriers to learning and that all young people can be successful in their own way, regardless of their background. We consistently focus on helping our students to become better learners, to increase their resilience and to raise their aspirations.
The Academy is committed to “Narrowing the Gap” for disadvantaged students and the Pupil Premium will form a vital part of that process. Provision is made through:
- Facilitating students’ access to education
- Facilitating students’ access to the curriculum
- Alternative support and intervention within the academy environment
- Facilitating student access to enrichment activities to support learning
- Raising aspirations of Pupil Premium students and their families
Please refer to the document below: