All of our students wear uniform which reflects a sense of belonging to the Academy Community.
Our aim is to encourage the highest standards in all that we do as an Academy and part of that is that our uniform reflects these standards.
Our uniform is compulsory for all students and is made up of the following items:
- Academy blazer with logo
- Black v-neck jumper with logo (no cardigans). Students can wear a black v-neck jumper with logo available from uniform stockists.
- Academy tie
- Black full length tailored trousers/skirt (of an appropriate length and style, no Lycra)
- White shirt (tucked in)
- Plain black shoes (no boots or sandals)
The academy blazer must be worn at all times on and around the site, unless permission is given by a member of staff to take it off. Jumpers are optional.
Final decisions regarding the suitability of uniform will be made by the Principal/Assistant Principals.
- Academy black shorts and/or tracksuit bottoms
- Academy polo shirt with logo
- Trainers/suitable footwear
All jewellery/watches must be removed for PE and handed to staff
- Please place student name on all items of Academy uniform
- Jewellery to be kept to a minimum (One ring per hand, one stud per ear, a wrist watch)
- Long hair should be tied back for safety reasons in practical subjects
Forbidden in Academy
- Smoking or smoking materials, drugs, substances and alcohol
- Dangerous items including knives, catapults, fireworks, laser pens, toy guns, BB guns
- Pornographic images
- Permanent marker pens
- Body piercings, eg studs, rings, bars for nose/eyebrows
- Extreme hairstyles and colours
- Excessive make-up
- Short, layered skirts or split skirts
- Leggings, Lycra, cropped or tight trousers
- Denim and leather clothing