OIEA is committed to safeguarding children and young people and we expect everyone who works in our academy to share this commitment.
We believe that our academy should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child.
We recognise the importance of providing an environment within our academy that will help children feel safe and respected.
We recognise the importance of enabling children to talk openly about anything that worries them and to feel confident that they will be listened to.
We ensure that pupils are taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through various teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
We will work with parents to build an understanding of the academy’s responsibilities to ensure the welfare of all children, including the need for referrals to other agencies in some situations.
Safeguarding arrangements in our academy are underpinned by two key principles:
- safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility: all staff, governors and volunteers should play their full part in keeping children safe
- a child-centred approach: a clear understanding of the needs and views of children.
OIEA Safeguarding Staff
- Mrs J Watkinson – Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
- Mrs L Craven – Deputy Safeguarding Officer
- Mrs K LePrevost – Safeguarding Governor
- Miss N Salt – Principal
- Mrs J Robertson – Head of Year
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Anti Bullying Policy 2016- 2017
- Protection Online
- Keeping children safe in education [Website]
- Keeping children safe in education [PDF]
- Working together to safeguard children [Website]
- Working together to safeguard children [PDF]
Reporting a Safe Guarding Concern
Phone: 0800 1111
Phone: 0808 800 5000
Phone: 116 123