Online Safety Tips
- Choose a strong password.
- Set your privacy to “friends only”.
- Don’t accept friend requests from strangers.
- Don’t voice chat to strangers.
- Don’t use real names in games with public chat.
- Never share your location or “Check-In”.
- Turn off GPS settings on your devices.
- Don’t post something you wouldn’t say to another person’s face.
- When gaming try and avoid real names.
- Never use real names with friends when in public chat.
- Only use microphone and headset chat with friends.
- Set any chat to “friends only”.
- Never accept Facebook friend requests from strangers to receive rewards for games you are playing.
- If an adult starts talking to you just unplug mic and carry on gaming.
- Report any concerns to the appropriate website or app.
Facebook Privacy Settings
Social Media Age Restrictions
- Smoothwall Cybersecurity Booklet
- UK Safer Internet Centre – Parent Conversation Starters
- Smoothwall – How to stay safe online
- Google Internet Legends
On Social Media: