For September 2020 the number of places for Year 7 students is 196.
Where application for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied:
- Looked after children and those who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after was adopted or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is in the care of a local authority, or being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (definition used is in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
- Children living in the normal area ( as defined in 2.1 above) served by OIEA at the time of application and admission (including those living in another local authority area) who have brothers or sisters attending the academy at the time of application and admission.
- Children not living in the normal area (as defined in 2.1 of the Admissions Policy 2019-2020) served OIEA at the time of application who have siblings attending the academy at the time of the application and admission.
- Children living in the normal area (as defined above in 2.1 of the Admissions Policy 2019-2020) served by OIEA at the time of application and admission (including those living in another local authority area).
- Other children whose parents have requested a place.
All admissions follow the Derbyshire County Council admissions policy and applications are processed through them. If you wish to make an in year transfer to OIEA, the same procedures apply. Please visit the website below for more details.
OIEA welcomes contact from parents/carers who wish to have further information about the transfer of their child(ren) into the academy and advise an early contact with Mrs J Stubbs, Assistant Principal.
- Admissions Policy 2018 – 2019
- Admissions Policy 2019 – 2020
- Admissions Policy 2021-2022
For all other polices please visit: www.oiea.co.uk/practical-information/policies/